Camphor is an organic compound produced mainly from the Asian camphor tree and is found in several other plants as well.
Camphor has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antiseptic, and anti-congestive properties, making it a “star” with many advantages in natural medicine. Camphor is intended for external use only. Also, be sure to mix the camphor oil with another oil before applying it, because camphor is a strong compound that can irritate the skin.
Camphor has the power to relieve a variety of symptoms of respiratory diseases such as irritable coughing and congestion in the chest, and therefore various decongestant salves that are applied to the throat and chest contain this effective substance, such as Vix Vapor Rub that some of you may be familiar with. Some of camphor’s benefits derive from its strong smell, which is a bit reminiscent of mint, and its ability to open the airways.
• Mix 4-5 drops of essential camphor oil with a tablespoon of almond oil and gently massage the chest.
• Another possibility of relieving a bothersome cough: put several drops of camphor into a bowl of hot water and breathe in its steam.
Camphor can be effective in treating acne. The anti-inflammatory properties of the camphor help it to help us with the treatment and relief of swelling, redness, and inflammation of the skin, as in the case of acne, which is actually inflammation of the sebaceous glands and hair follicles.
• Pour a cup of melted coconut oil into a jar with a lid, add one teaspoon of camphor essential oil, seal the jar with the lid and mix well.
• After cleansing your face, and drying it with a towel, apply a little of the oil mixture that you prepared on the acne sores and massage the face for 5 minutes.
• Leave the oil on your face for the night, and wash it off in the morning with lukewarm water and a mild facial soap.
Camphor helps to relieve a stuffy nose. It has medicinal properties that help relieve congestion in the respiratory tract and therefore is effective in treating a stuffy and runny nose and unblocking the airways.
• Mix a few drops of essential camphor oil with a teaspoon of lightly heated mustard oil.
• Apply the mixture on your chest, back and throat with circular massage movements before you go to bed at night.
The anti-inflammatory properties of camphor are very effective in treating and healing muscle pain. In addition, the use of camphor oil to massage the painful muscles encourages blood flow to areas that are cramped and also reduces the feeling of stiffness.
• Mix 5-6 drops of essential camphor oil with 1-2 tablespoons of lightly heated coconut oil.
• Massage the painful muscles in your body once or twice a day.
Cracked and dry heels can be a bothersome problem that is primarily aesthetic but can also be exacerbated by pain and irritation. Camphor not only reduces the pain but also accelerates the healing process by increasing blood flow to the injured area.
• Mix a small camphor tablet in a tub of hot water and place your feet in it for 10 minutes.
• Rub your feet with a pumice stone to remove hard skin, wash your feet with clean water and dry with a towel.
Warts are caused by a viral infection that causes small growths on the surface of the feet and pain while standing or walking. Camphor, with its disinfection properties, is used as an effective and quick treatment against warts.
• Mix ¼ cup of melted coconut oil, together with one tablespoon of pine oil and 2 teaspoons of camphor essential oil and pour into a large tub.
• Soak your feet in the mixture for 5 minutes every day, and rinse your feet with clean water at the end.
• In addition, apply the oil mixture directly to the wart 2-3 times a day.
Restless leg syndrome is a neurological sensory disorder that is expressed by a strong and involuntary need to move the legs and interferes with the sleep of those who suffer from it. The active ingredients in camphor oil help reduce the appearance of the irritating syndrome and relieve the difficulties of falling asleep.
• Mix several drops of essential camphor oil with lightly heated olive oil.
• Massage all parts of the affected leg for 5-10 minutes.
• Repeat every night before going to bed.
The camphor compound can treat lice, combined with coconut oil, also comes to the rescue in parents’ endless battle against head lice. Coconut oil suffocates the lice and the camphor joins in to finish them off due to its antifungal properties.
Please click on the following links if you are interested in:
Freeze Dried Food:
Thank you for watching!
Good Day and Good Health
The Refreshing Point
What is camphor? Its Strength is Tremendous and Its Medical Abilities are Effective – Uses & Recipes