Top Home Remedies For A Congested Nose
Waking up with one or both nostrils closed up from congestion is enough to put a damper on the best of days. Finding relief for nasal congestion is something of an obsession once the condition gets its grip on you. Though it isn’t going to go away rapidly, you can kiss it goodbye much sooner by making use of one or more of our 15 home remedies for a congested nose.
Though a congested nose is rarely a serious health issue, it can be an indicator of something worse if it persists. Do not look to these remedies as all-inclusive cures and consult a healthcare professional if this becomes a lingering or chronic condition.
1. Eucalyptus Oil
Those who have ever suffered from nasal congestion are probably well acquainted with eucalyptus oil. The anti-inflammatory and decongestant properties found in eucalyptus are well known when it comes to treating upper respiratory conditions. It can also work as a post nasal drip cough suppressant as well.
7. Nasal Irrigation
Nasal irrigation is another tried and true method for relieving congestion in your nose. Nasal irrigation with a saline solution helps to clear mucus from the sinuses and open up nasal passages. Saline also works to reduce tissue inflammation.
What to do:
• Prepare saline by mixing 1 tsp non-iodized salt in 2 cups of warm, distilled water.
• Fill a Neti pot with the solution and use it to gently pour the mixture into one of your nostrils.
• Allow the solution to drain out and repeat the process with the other nostril.
• Repeat this morning and night for a few days.
8. Cayenne Pepper
When it comes to home remedies for congested nose cayenne pepper cannot be left off of the list. The capsaicin found in cayenne pepper acts as a natural decongestant, which is why your nose runs and your eyes water when you eat spicy foods. Capsaicin also has anti-inflammatory properties to help shrink swollen tissues.
What to do:
• Mix ¼ to ½ tsp of cayenne pepper in 1 Tbsp of raw honey and eat it.
• You can also add cayenne pepper into the teas and other remedies to give them a boost of decongestant.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar
Another very effective natural decongestant comes in the form of apple cider vinegar. The potassium in apple cider vinegar helps to reduce nasal tissue inflammation and helps inhibit mucus production as well. ACV also provides tons of immunity-boosting nutrients to help your body fight off the cause of the congestion.
What to do:
• Mix 2 Tbsp of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and 1 Tbsp of raw honey in a cup of warm water.
• Repeat this remedy 2 to 3 times daily or as needed.
• You can also add 1 or 2 tsp of ACV to many of the other remedies on our list to give them a boost.
Thank you For Visiting Our YouTube Chanel Top Home Remedies.
Please don’t forget to subscribe our channel…
Subscribe : http://bit.ly/2rRgSLG